River Canyoning is a relatively new, but nonetheless very popular water sport.
River canyoning is the act of descending into a river in order to either find and play on rapids or go deep into the canyon. It has become so popular with urbanites that it has even been called "mountain-bagging 2.0."
If you are interested in learning more about this outdoor activity, we've got you covered.
River Canyoning In Meghalaya is an extreme sport that is not for the faint of heart. It involves descending into a river gorge using a variety of techniques including trekking, rappelling, abseiling, swimming and jumping.
River canyoning in Meghalaya is an exciting way to explore the state's natural beauty. The cliffs and gorges of the region provide the perfect setting for this adrenaline-pumping activity.
This activity is perfect for thrill seekers who are looking for an adventure in one of the most beautiful and remote regions of India.
River Canyoning In Meghalaya offers visitors the chance to explore some of the most stunning scenery in the country, as well as getting their adrenaline fix.
If you're looking for a thrilling, adrenaline-pumping adventure that will leave you panting and gasping for air, then river canyoning is the perfect sport for you!
With its combination of thrilling waterfalls, tight squeezes and precarious climbs, this activity is perfect for those who want to challenge themselves.
Here are seven of the best places in Meghalaya to go canyoning:
1. Canyoning in Pangin: The Canyons at Pangin are very beautiful and can be done by experienced guides only. It is a very difficult area to access and offers some of the best waterfalls in Meghalaya.
2. Kizhbori Falls: If you're looking for an adrenalin-pumping adventure that will leave you breathless and sweaty, then head to Kizhbori Falls!
This waterfall is one of the most popular attractions in Meghalaya, and it offers an exhilarating experience as you climb its slippery rocks and plunge into its refreshing waters.
3. Wando River Canyoning: If you're looking for something more challenging than river canyoning, then try out this waterfall canyoning experience in Meghalayas.
This activity involves scaling the slippery rocks and boulders of the Wando River, while enjoying breathtaking views of the falls.
4. River Canyoning in Cherrapunjee: Meghalaya has some of the most beautiful rivers in India, and one of them is Cherrapunjee River.
This river boasts of several beautiful waterfalls and canyons that are perfect for extreme adventure activities like river canyoning.
5. River Canyoning in Sohra Waterfalls: If you're looking for something challenging, then do not miss out on Canyoning in Sohra.
This river has several streams and waterfalls that you can go through and get a glimpse of the beautiful cascading water.
6. Canyoning in Kangsha: There are many natural rock formations in this area of Meghalaya. Best part is that only experienced guides can guide you through these difficult routes with safety.
The best time to do this adventure is during the monsoon season, which is from June to September.
This is because the rivers are swollen and the falls are more powerful.
You'll need to be physically fit and have good swimming skills to do this activity safely.
There are many outfitters that offer River Canyoning in Meghalaya, and you can choose the one that best meets your needs.
River kayaking in Meghalaya is a popular water sport that can be enjoyed by all. If you're doing River Canyoning in Meghalaya, you should also try Kayaking.
It is a great way to get out and explore the beautiful wilderness that covers this state. The rivers here are crystal clear and provide excellent fishing opportunities.
You can kayak through tight squeeze passages and scenic gorges, or simply relax and enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
The best time to kayak in Meghalaya is from May to October, when the rivers are at their fullest and the weather is warm but not too hot. Kayakers should be prepared for a little bit of roughness as these rivers are not always well maintained.
There are several companies that offer guided tours of the area, so if you're interested in exploring more then there's no need to worry about making the trip on your own.
The cost of river canyoning starts from Rs. 2000 per person and can go up to Rs. 7000 depending on your selection of package, the number of people in your group and the season.
1. Make sure you wear dry fits as they are light in weight and they get dried faster.
2. Pack an extra pair of clothes and towel to wipe yourself.
3. Wear shoes that provide you the right grip and make sure that they are waterproof.
4. Protect your knees and elbows and wear braces to support and protect them.
5. Avoid wearing jewellery, or carrying expensive phones (unless waterproof).
6. Wear a life jacket at all times.
7. Pack snacks as it will be very difficult to find any restaurants around these places.
8. Make sure you scream, laugh and have loads of fun!
So there you go!! Follow this and you shall be good to go! Time to book your tickets and pack your bags eh??