If you’re planning day trips from Bali, Indonesia, and looking for exciting day trips, you’ve come to the right place.
Bali offers an abundance of natural beauty, cultural treasures, and thrilling adventures, making it a must-visit destination for any traveler.
Join me as I take you on a virtual journey to explore the 10 most unforgettable day trips from Bali, filled with amazing things to do and must-visit attractions.
Best Day Trips from Bali
1. Ubud: The Cultural Heart of Bali
Immerse yourself in the rich cultural heritage of Ubud, known for its art, dance performances, and serene landscapes. Explore the famous Ubud Monkey Forest, marvel at the Tegalalang Rice Terrace, and pamper yourself with a traditional Balinese spa treatment.
- Location: Ubud, approximately 36 km north of Denpasar
- Directions: Head north from Denpasar and follow the signs to Ubud
- Opening Hours: Varies for each attraction
- Expenses: Entrance fees range from INR 500-1000
2. Nusa Penida: Island Paradise near Bali
Embark on a day trip to Nusa Penida, an island paradise that will leave you in awe of its natural beauty. Visit stunning spots like Kelingking Beach, Angel’s Billabong, and Crystal Bay.
Snorkel with vibrant marine life and immerse yourself in the tranquility of this tropical paradise.
- Location: Nusa Penida, located southeast of Bali
- Directions: Take a ferry from Sanur or Padangbai to Nusa Penida
- Opening Hours: Varies for each attraction
- Expenses: Day trip packages range from INR 3,000-5,000
3. Uluwatu: Coastal Beauty and Temple Marvel
Experience the mesmerizing coastal beauty of Uluwatu, home to pristine beaches and a breathtaking temple perched on a cliff. Witness traditional Kecak dance performances, soak in spectacular sunset views, and explore the nearby beaches for surfing and relaxation. Uluwatu is a coastal gem you won’t want to miss.
- Location: Uluwatu, approximately 25 km south of Denpasar
- Directions: Head south from Denpasar and follow the signs to Uluwatu
- Opening Hours: Uluwatu Temple – 9 AM to 6 PM
- Expenses: Entrance fees for Uluwatu Temple – around INR 200
4. Mount Batur: Volcanic Hiking Adventure
Embark on an unforgettable hiking adventure to Mount Batur, an active volcano offering breathtaking sunrise views. Trek to the summit and be rewarded with panoramic vistas of the surrounding landscapes and Lake Batur.
This exhilarating experience is a must for adventure seekers visiting Bali.
- Location: Mount Batur, northeast of Ubud
- Directions: Hire a guide or join a tour to Mount Batur
- Opening Hours: Hiking usually starts early in the morning
- Expenses: Hiking tour packages range from INR 2,000-4,000
5. Tanah Lot: Iconic Sea Temple and Sunset Spectacle
Discover the iconic Tanah Lot Temple, a unique sea temple perched on a rocky outcrop. Marvel at the temple’s beauty and witness the awe-inspiring sunset views as the temple casts a golden silhouette against the crashing waves.
Don’t forget to explore the local market for souvenirs.
- Location: Tanah Lot, approximately 20 km northwest of Kuta
- Directions: Take a taxi or join a guided tour to Tanah Lot
- Opening Hours: 7 AM to 7 PM
- Expenses: Entrance fee to Tanah Lot – around INR 500
6. Tegalalang Rice Terrace: Nature’s Green Masterpiece
Step into a postcard-worthy scene at the Tegalalang Rice Terrace, where cascading emerald-green rice paddies create a breathtaking landscape.
Take a leisurely stroll through the terraces, snap Instagram-worthy photos, and enjoy a refreshing drink at one of the cozy cafes overlooking the fields.
- Location: Tegalalang, approximately 15 km north of Ubud
- Directions: Hire a driver or rent a scooter to reach Tegalalang
- Opening Hours: Open all day
- Expenses: Entrance fee to Tegalalang Rice Terrace – around INR 100
7. Sekumpul Waterfall: Hidden Gem of Bali
Uncover the hidden gem of Sekumpul Waterfall, nestled amidst lush jungles. Embark on a trekking adventure through verdant landscapes and discover the beauty of multiple cascading waterfalls.
Take a dip in the crystal-clear pools and embrace the tranquility of this enchanting natural wonder.
- Location: Sekumpul, approximately 80 km north of Denpasar
- Directions: Hire a driver or join a tour to Sekumpul
- Opening Hours: 6 AM to 6 PM
- Expenses: Entrance fee to Sekumpul Waterfall – around INR 300
8. Menjangan Island: Diving and Snorkeling Haven
Dive into the underwater paradise of Menjangan Island, renowned for its vibrant coral reefs and diverse marine life. Whether you’re an experienced diver or a snorkeling enthusiast, Menjangan offers an unforgettable experience.
Explore the underwater wonders and witness the beauty of Bali’s marine biodiversity.
- Location: Menjangan Island, northwest of Bali
- Directions: Take a boat from Labuhan Lalang to Menjangan Island
- Opening Hours: Varies for diving and snorkeling tours
- Expenses: Snorkeling and diving packages range from INR 3,500-6,000
9. Sidemen Valley: Serene Countryside Retreat
Escape to the picturesque Sidemen Valley and experience the serene beauty of Bali’s countryside. Surrounded by lush rice terraces and rolling hills, this hidden gem offers a tranquil retreat.
Enjoy a leisurely bike ride, go on a nature walk, or simply relax and rejuvenate in this peaceful oasis.
- Location: Sidemen Valley, approximately 50 km east of Denpasar
- Directions: Hire a driver or rent a scooter to reach Sidemen Valley
- Opening Hours: Open all-day
- Expenses: Free entry, but accommodations vary in price
10. Amed: Underwater Paradise for Divers
Explore the enchanting underwater world of Amed, a coastal village renowned for its vibrant coral reefs and abundant marine life. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced diver, Amed offers an array of dive sites suitable for all levels.
Snorkelers can also marvel at the colorful reefs just off the shore.
- Location: Amed, approximately 70 km northeast of Denpasar
- Directions: Hire a driver or rent a scooter to reach Amed
- Opening Hours: Varies for diving centers and snorkeling spots
- Expenses: Snorkeling and diving packages range from INR 2,500-5,000
Conclusion – Day Trips from Bali
Bali is a paradise for day trips, offering an endless array of unforgettable experiences. From immersing yourself in Ubud’s cultural charm to diving into the underwater wonders of Menjangan Island, Bali’s attractions will leave you spellbound.
Plan your Bali travel itinerary wisely and make sure to include these must-visit places for an extraordinary adventure in the heart of paradise.
FAQs – Day Trips from Bali
What is the best time to visit Bali for day trips?
Bali is a year-round destination, but the best time to visit for day trips is during the dry season, which typically spans from April to October. The weather is generally sunny and ideal for outdoor activities during this period. However, it’s always a good idea to check the weather forecast before planning your day trips.
Are the day trips suitable for families with children?
Yes, many of the day trips in Bali are suitable for families with children. However, it’s important to consider the age and interests of your children when choosing the activities. Some day trips may involve hiking or water activities that require certain physical abilities. It’s recommended to check the suitability of the activities and ensure the safety of your children.
Are transportation and guides included in the day trip packages?
Transportation and guides are usually included in day trip packages. Most tour operators provide pick-up and drop-off services from your accommodation in Bali. Guides are knowledgeable about the destinations and provide valuable insights during the trip. However, it’s advisable to confirm the inclusions with the tour operator or platform before booking.
Are there vegetarian or vegan food options available during the day trips?
Yes, Bali is known for its vibrant food scene, and vegetarian or vegan options are readily available in many restaurants and cafes. During the day trips, the tour operators often provide meal options that cater to different dietary preferences. However, it’s recommended to inform the tour operator in advance about any specific dietary requirements.
Can I customize my day trip itinerary in Bali?
Yes, some tour operators offer customizable day trip itineraries in Bali. You can discuss your preferences and interests with the tour operator to create a personalized itinerary that suits your needs. However, keep in mind that customization options may vary depending on the tour operator and the availability of activities.
What should I pack for a day trip in Bali?
It’s advisable to pack essentials such as sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, comfortable walking shoes, a swimsuit, a towel, insect repellent, and a reusable water bottle. Depending on the activities planned for the day trip, you may also need to pack additional items like snorkeling gear or a change of clothes.
Are there any age restrictions for certain day trip activities?
Yes, some day trip activities may have age restrictions for safety reasons. For example, certain water activities like snorkeling or diving may require participants to be of a certain age or have a minimum level of swimming ability. It’s important to check the activity details and any age restrictions before booking the day trip.
- 26 Unforgettable Things to Do in Bali : ( Unlock the Beauty of the Island!]
- Embark on an Epic Adventure: Mount Batur Sunrise Trek
- Discover Bali’s Picturesque Gem: Tegallalang Rice Terrace Field
- Uluwatu Temple: Experience Bali’s Majestic Cliffside Wonder
- Unveiling Ubud: 7 Must-Do Activities in Bali’s Cultural Hub
- Plan Your Visit: Tanah Lot Temple Timing
- Indulge in Paradise: Seminyak Beach Delights
- Experience the Vibrant Vibe: 7 Must-Try Activities at Kuta Beach
- Nusa Dua Beach: A Haven of Luxury and Relaxation
- Jimbaran Beach: Unwind in Bali’s Serene Coastal Retreat
- Sanur Beach: Discover Tranquility on Bali’s East Coast
- Unleash Your Inner Dancer: Balinese Dance Experiences
- Journey to Sacred Tranquility: Pura Luhur Batukaru Temple
- Bali Swing: Soar to New Heights of Adventure
- Dive into Underwater Paradise: Bali’s Best Diving Spots
- 16 Best Party Places in Bali: Unforgettable Nights Await
- Embark on Bali Adventure Activities: 7 Thrilling Experiences
- Immerse in Bali’s Cultural Tapestry: Discover the Island’s Heritage
- Discover Bali’s Beachfront Gems: 7 Best Coastal Escapes
- Temples to Visit in Bali: Unveiling Spiritual Marvels
- Chase Waterfall Wonder: Bali’s Best Cascades
- Surfing Paradise: Bali’s Best Spots to Ride the Waves
- Explore Beyond Bali: 7 Unforgettable Day Trips
- Shop Like a Local: Bali’s Best Markets for Souvenirs
- Taste Bali’s Flavors: Exploring the Local Cuisine
- Bali Nightlife Extravaganza: Unveiling the Hottest Spots
- Indulge in Pure Bliss: Bali’s Best Spa Retreats
- Stay in Paradise: Bali’s Top Accommodation Picks
- Bali Etiquette and Culture: Unveiling Local Customs
- Thrilling Adventures: Bali’s Top 5 Activities for Adrenaline Junkies
- Inner Harmony Awaits: Bali’s Best Yoga Studios
- Captivating Beauty: Bali’s Most Scenic Destinations
- Souvenir Shopping in Bali: Where to Find the Perfect Mementos
- Art Centers in Bali: Unleashing Creative Brilliance
- Bali 10-Day Trip Budget Guide: Maximize Your Adventure
- Chasing Sunsets: Bali’s 7 Best Spots to Witness Magical Moments
- Gili Trawangan Adventures: Unveiling the Best Experiences
- Nusa Penida Wonders: Must-Do Activities on Bali’s Neighbor Island