In this blog post, I’ve mentioned a list of the 10 best surfing spots in Bali that are worth exploring.
I have personally experienced the exhilaration of Bali’s surf breaks, and I am here to share my insights, tips, and recommendations based on my own adventures.
Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a beginner looking to catch your first wave, this guide will provide you with the essential information you need to make the most of your surfing experience in Bali.
So, grab your board, wax it up, and get ready to dive into the world of advanced surf breaks, hidden gems, and unforgettable waves that await you in Bali’s top surfing locations.
Best Surfing Spots in Bali
Padang Padang is a popular spot for surfers, known for its thrilling waves that attract a crowd of wave enthusiasts. While it can get crowded at times, the excitement and challenge of the surf make it worth the experience.
Get ready to improve your surfing skills and embrace the energetic atmosphere at Padang Padang.
- Location: Padang Padang is situated between Bingin and Uluwatu on Bali’s Bukit peninsula.
Medewi boasts the title of having possibly the longest left-hand wave in Bali. This hidden gem offers a surfing experience like no other, with long rides and consistent swells that will thrill any surfer. If you’re seeking a wave that allows you to carve and glide to your heart’s content, Medewi is the place to be.
- Location: Medewi is located in the northern part of Bali, near the town of Negara.
Impossibles live up to its name, as it presents a challenging reef break with serious waves. This spot is strictly for advanced surfers who are ready to test their skills and conquer powerful curls. If you’re up for a thrilling and adrenaline-pumping ride, Impossibles will deliver an unforgettable experience.
- Location: Impossibles is situated on the southern coast of Bali, near Bingin.
Bingin offers a surfer’s paradise with beautiful surroundings and epic waves. This popular spot provides an ideal setting to catch some great waves and immerse yourself in the vibrant surf culture. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or an aspiring surfer, Bingin will leave you with lasting memories of incredible rides.
- Location: Bingin is located on the southern coast of Bali, adjacent to Padang Padang.
Balangan is a hidden gem tucked away amidst serene beaches and offers world-class surfing conditions. The uncrowded waves and stunning coastal scenery make it a favorite among surfers seeking a more secluded experience. Discover Balangan and indulge in the bliss of riding waves in this picturesque location.
- Location: Balangan is situated on the Bukit peninsula, near Bingin and Dreamland beaches.
6. Green Bowl
Green Bowl provides a tranquil spot for surfers looking to escape the crowds. Surrounded by towering cliffs and accessible via a staircase, this hidden gem offers great waves and a serene atmosphere.
Immerse yourself in the beauty of Green Bowl and experience the perfect balance between serenity and adventure.
- Location: Green Bowl is located on the southern coast of Bali, near Ungasan.
Canggu is a vibrant surfing destination known for its hip surf scene and great waves. It offers a variety of breaks suitable for different skill levels, making it an excellent choice for both beginners and advanced surfers.
Immerse yourself in the lively atmosphere of Canggu and ride the waves in style.
- Location: Canggu is situated on the southwestern coast of Bali, near Seminyak and Echo Beach.
Keramas is renowned for its high-performance wave that provides an exhilarating experience for experienced surfers. With fast and powerful barrels, it’s a paradise for those seeking an adrenaline rush.
Challenge yourself and push your limits at Keramas, where the thrill of the wave will leave you wanting more.
- Location: Keramas is located on the eastern coast of Bali, near Gianyar.
9. Nusa Lembongan
Nusa Lembongan offers a tropical paradise for surfers seeking a unique experience. This charming island provides a range of surf breaks suitable for different skill levels, surrounded by breathtaking landscapes and crystal-clear waters.
Discover the magic of Nusa Lembongan and ride the waves in this idyllic setting.
- Location: Nusa Lembongan is a small island located southeast of Bali.
Uluwatu is the crown jewel of Bali’s surfing scene, offering iconic waves and breathtaking views. This world-renowned spot attracts surfers from all over the globe, and its legendary breaks have become synonymous with Bali’s surf culture. Ride the waves at Uluwatu and experience the true essence of Bali’s surfing heritage.
- Location: Uluwatu is situated on the southwestern tip of the Bukit peninsula.
Conclusion – Best Surfing Spots in Bali
These surfing spots in Bali offer an unparalleled surfing experience for wave enthusiasts of all levels. From the iconic Uluwatu to the hidden gems like Medewi and Balangan, the diversity of breaks and the vibrant surf culture make Bali a must-visit destination for surfers worldwide.
So grab your board, pack your bags, and get ready to unleash your inner wave rider in Bali!
FAQs – Best Surfing Spots in Bali
What are the best months for surfing in Bali?
The best months for surfing in Bali are typically from April to October when the swells are consistent and the weather is favorable for surfing.
Can beginners surf at these top spots?
While some of the top spots in Bali are more suitable for advanced surfers, there are also beginner-friendly breaks available, such as Canggu and certain areas of Nusa Lembongan. It’s recommended for beginners to take lessons and surf under the guidance of experienced instructors.
Are there any surf schools or camps available?
Yes, Bali offers a wide range of surf schools and camps where beginners can learn the basics and improve their skills. Many of these schools provide equipment rental and experienced instructors to ensure a safe and enjoyable surfing experience.
What equipment do I need for surfing in Bali?
For surfing in Bali, you will need a surfboard suitable for your skill level, a leash, wax, and proper surfing attire, including a rash guard and board shorts. It’s also recommended to use reef booties to protect your feet from sharp corals.
Are there any safety precautions to consider while surfing in Bali?
When surfing in Bali, it’s important to be aware of the local surf etiquette, respect the lineup, and be mindful of other surfers. It’s also crucial to pay attention to the current conditions, tides, and any potential hazards such as reef breaks or strong currents. It’s recommended to surf with a buddy and be familiar with basic water safety and rescue techniques.
How do I get to the surf spots in Bali?
Bali’s surf spots are easily accessible by road, and you can rent a scooter, hire a taxi, or use ride-hailing services to reach the desired destinations. Some spots may require a short hike or descent down stairs, so it’s important to be prepared and carry your surfboard securely.
- 26 Unforgettable Things to Do in Bali : ( Unlock the Beauty of the Island!]
- Embark on an Epic Adventure: Mount Batur Sunrise Trek
- Discover Bali’s Picturesque Gem: Tegallalang Rice Terrace Field
- Uluwatu Temple: Experience Bali’s Majestic Cliffside Wonder
- Unveiling Ubud: 7 Must-Do Activities in Bali’s Cultural Hub
- Plan Your Visit: Tanah Lot Temple Timing
- Indulge in Paradise: Seminyak Beach Delights
- Experience the Vibrant Vibe: 7 Must-Try Activities at Kuta Beach
- Nusa Dua Beach: A Haven of Luxury and Relaxation
- Jimbaran Beach: Unwind in Bali’s Serene Coastal Retreat
- Sanur Beach: Discover Tranquility on Bali’s East Coast
- Unleash Your Inner Dancer: Balinese Dance Experiences
- Journey to Sacred Tranquility: Pura Luhur Batukaru Temple
- Bali Swing: Soar to New Heights of Adventure
- Dive into Underwater Paradise: Bali’s Best Diving Spots
- 16 Best Party Places in Bali: Unforgettable Nights Await
- Embark on Bali Adventure Activities: 7 Thrilling Experiences
- Immerse in Bali’s Cultural Tapestry: Discover the Island’s Heritage
- Discover Bali’s Beachfront Gems: 7 Best Coastal Escapes
- Temples to Visit in Bali: Unveiling Spiritual Marvels
- Chase Waterfall Wonder: Bali’s Best Cascades
- Surfing Paradise: Bali’s Best Spots to Ride the Waves
- Explore Beyond Bali: 7 Unforgettable Day Trips
- Shop Like a Local: Bali’s Best Markets for Souvenirs
- Taste Bali’s Flavors: Exploring the Local Cuisine
- Bali Nightlife Extravaganza: Unveiling the Hottest Spots
- Indulge in Pure Bliss: Bali’s Best Spa Retreats
- Stay in Paradise: Bali’s Top Accommodation Picks
- Bali Etiquette and Culture: Unveiling Local Customs
- Thrilling Adventures: Bali’s Top 5 Activities for Adrenaline Junkies
- Inner Harmony Awaits: Bali’s Best Yoga Studios
- Captivating Beauty: Bali’s Most Scenic Destinations
- Souvenir Shopping in Bali: Where to Find the Perfect Mementos
- Art Centers in Bali: Unleashing Creative Brilliance
- Bali 10-Day Trip Budget Guide: Maximize Your Adventure
- Chasing Sunsets: Bali’s 7 Best Spots to Witness Magical Moments
- Gili Trawangan Adventures: Unveiling the Best Experiences
- Nusa Penida Wonders: Must-Do Activities on Bali’s Neighbor Island