Wondering about the best honeymoon destinations in Andaman? Don’t worry as we have got you covered in this blog!
From pristine beaches to lush green hideaways, this post is your ticket to experiencing pure bliss in this tropical paradise.
From our last visit to this place, we learned that the Andaman Islands hold an irresistible charm, perfect for creating cherished memories with your special someone.
Whether you crave serene sunsets on secluded beaches or thrilling underwater escapades, we’ve explored it all to curate the most magical experiences for your honeymoon.
So, fasten your seatbelts as we embark on a journey filled with love, laughter, and unparalleled romance amidst the breathtaking beauty of the Andaman archipelago.
Let’s dive right into a world of love and adventure!
Honeymoon Destinations in Andaman
1. Port Blair
Port Blair, a vibrant capital city of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, offers an alluring mix of history, culture, and natural beauty, making it a perfect inclusion for “Honeymoon Destinations in Andaman.”
Begin your romantic escapade with visits to iconic landmarks like Cellular Jail, where you can delve into India’s freedom struggle and feel the poignant history. Embrace the serene beauty of Corbyn’s Cove Beach, ideal for leisurely walks and tranquil sunsets.
For some wildlife encounters, head to Chidiya Tapu, where exotic bird species and stunning ocean vistas await.
- Location: Port Blair is the capital city of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, nestled in the southern part of the Andaman archipelago.
- Famous For: Port Blair is renowned for its historical significance as it houses the Cellular Jail, a notorious colonial prison where Indian freedom fighters were incarcerated.
2. Havelock Island
When it comes to dreamy “Honeymoon Destinations in Andaman,” Havelock Island ranks high on the list! Renowned for its pristine beaches and clear turquoise waters, it sets the stage for romantic adventures.
Picture yourself strolling hand-in-hand on Radhanagar Beach, often touted as one of Asia’s best beaches, with its powdery white sands and azure sea. Embark on a snorkeling expedition to the breathtaking Elephant Beach, where vibrant marine life welcomes you to an underwater paradise.
Luxurious resorts and beachfront accommodations add to the island’s allure, making it an unforgettable escape for couples.
- Location: Havelock Island, officially known as Swaraj Dweep, is located approximately 70 kilometers northeast of Port Blair and is one of the largest islands in the Andaman group.
- Famous For: Havelock Island is celebrated for its mesmerizing Radhanagar Beach, often hailed as one of Asia’s best beaches.
3. Neil Island
For a more intimate and secluded honeymoon experience, Neil Island is a hidden gem among the best honeymoon destinations in Andaman.
Relish the tranquility of this unspoiled paradise as you explore its untouched beaches like Bharatpur Beach, where you can witness colorful coral reefs during low tide.
Laxmanpur Beach, with its captivating sunset views, is a romantic spot to cherish special moments. A leisurely bicycle ride through the idyllic countryside offers a chance to bond and connect amidst the island’s natural beauty.
- Location: Neil Island, also known as Shaheed Dweep, lies about 40 kilometers northeast of Port Blair, making it easily accessible by ferries from both Port Blair and Havelock Island.
- Famous For: Neil Island enchants visitors with its tranquil and laid-back ambiance. It boasts beautiful beaches like Bharatpur Beach and Laxmanpur Beach, offering spectacular sunset views.
4. Little Andaman
As an offbeat choice for a honeymoon in Andaman, Little Andaman welcomes adventurous couples seeking seclusion.
The pristine Butler Bay Beach beckons with its untamed allure, perfect for long walks and beachcombing. Whisper Waves Waterfall adds a touch of enchantment as you immerse in its refreshing cascade.
For surfing enthusiasts, the challenging surf breaks of Little Andaman invite thrilling rides and shared exhilaration.
- Location: Little Andaman is the southernmost island in the Andaman group, situated around 120 kilometers south of Port Blair.
- Famous For: This island is renowned for its secluded and unspoiled beaches, such as Butler Bay Beach, where visitors can savor peace and solitude.
Nestled in the northern reaches of the Andaman archipelago, Diglipur offers an untouched paradise for honeymoon destinations in Andaman.
Embrace the breathtaking views from Ross and Smith Islands, connected by a natural sandbar during low tide. Saddle Peak, the highest point in the Andaman Islands, invites adventurous treks amid lush rainforests and diverse wildlife.
Couples can explore the serene beauty of Kalipur Beach and seek the rare sight of nesting turtles at Ramnagar Beach, creating cherished memories in this serene haven.
- Location: Diglipur is located in the northern part of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, approximately 290 kilometers north of Port Blair.
- Famous For: Diglipur is celebrated for its diverse natural attractions, including the twin beaches of Ross and Smith Islands, connected by a natural sandbar.
6. Ross Island
Nestled amid the Andaman Sea, Ross Island stands as a captivating gem perfect for honeymooners seeking an idyllic escape. Once the administrative headquarters during British rule, it exudes a fascinating historical charm that complements its natural beauty.
Couples can stroll hand-in-hand through the picturesque ruins, adorned with lush greenery and dotted with deer and peacocks. The serene ambiance of this uninhabited island offers a peaceful retreat, making it an excellent choice for romantic getaways.
The panoramic views of the turquoise waters and the gentle sea breeze create an enchanting setting for couples to create cherished memories.
Ross Island’s allure lies in its combination of history and nature, making it an unforgettable stop for honeymooners seeking a blend of tranquility and cultural exploration.
- Location: Ross Island is situated near Port Blair, just a short boat ride away, making it an easily accessible destination for visitors.
- Famous For: Once the administrative headquarters during British rule, Ross Island now stands in captivating ruins, showcasing its historical significance
7. North Bay Island
A delightful haven for snorkeling enthusiasts, North Bay Island entices honeymooners with its underwater wonders and vibrant marine life. This captivating island is renowned for its crystal-clear waters, making snorkeling a mesmerizing experience.
Couples can discover a kaleidoscope of coral reefs and swim alongside a myriad of colorful fish. The island’s pristine beaches offer an ideal spot for a romantic day by the sea, complete with gentle waves and golden sands.
As part of the Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park, North Bay Island showcases the beauty of Andaman’s underwater ecosystem, creating a dreamy atmosphere for couples seeking aquatic adventures and unforgettable moments.
- Location: North Bay Island is situated near Port Blair, within reach by boat, making it a popular day-trip destination.
- Famous For: Snorkeling and glass-bottom boat rides here offer enchanting glimpses of vibrant coral reefs and exotic marine life, making it a paradise for snorkeling enthusiasts.
8. Jolly Buoy Island
Nestled within the Andaman archipelago, Jolly Buoy Island stands as an ecological wonderland perfect for nature-loving honeymooners. Accessible for six months each year, this protected island offers a glimpse into a thriving marine ecosystem.
Honeymooners can embark on a glass-bottom boat ride to witness the stunning coral gardens without disturbing the delicate environment.
Jolly Buoy Island treats couples to its picture-perfect white sandy beaches and azure waters, inviting them to immerse in the tranquility of the surroundings.
As the island permits no plastic or littering, it ensures a pristine environment, promoting eco-conscious experiences for lovebirds seeking an intimate and sustainable escape.
- Location: Jolly Buoy Island is part of the Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park and can be reached by boat from Port Blair.
- Famous For: This island is famous for its pristine coral reefs and crystal-clear waters, making it a restricted and protected area to preserve its natural beauty.
9. Great Nicobar Island
For adventurous honeymooners craving an offbeat and rugged experience, Great Nicobar Island beckons with its untamed wilderness.
This largest island in the Andaman and Nicobar archipelago boasts dense rainforests, diverse flora and fauna, and scenic landscapes. Exploring the island’s remoteness hand-in-hand offers an opportunity to witness nature’s raw beauty.
Trekking through its lush jungles or wandering along secluded shores unveils a world of hidden treasures and a chance to connect with each other and the environment.
Great Nicobar Island’s secluded charm makes it an unconventional yet enthralling destination for couples seeking an adventurous honeymoon amidst nature’s untamed splendor.
- Location: Great Nicobar Island is the largest and southernmost island in the Andaman and Nicobar group, located around 540 kilometers south of Port Blair.
- Famous For: Great Nicobar is known for its dense rainforests, diverse wildlife, and indigenous tribal communities.
10. Radhanagar Beach
Named “Asia’s Best Beach” by Time Magazine, Radhanagar Beach is a slice of paradise tailor-made for honeymooners seeking a romantic beachfront experience.
With its pristine stretches of white sand and clear blue waters, this beach offers a tranquil ambiance to unwind and soak in the beauty of the surroundings. Couples can relish leisurely walks along the shore, witnessing mesmerizing sunsets hand-in-hand.
The beach’s serene and laid-back atmosphere sets the stage for intimate moments and heartfelt conversations.
Whether enjoying water sports, savoring fresh seafood by the shore, or simply basking in the sun, Radhanagar Beach ensures that honeymooners create cherished memories in an enchanting coastal haven.
- Location: Radhanagar Beach is situated on Havelock Island, easily accessible by ferry from Port Blair and other neighboring islands.
- Famous For: Radhanagar Beach is famed for its pristine and unspoiled beauty, making it a favorite destination for honeymooners.
11. Kaala Pathar Beach
As one of the alluring honeymoon destinations in Andaman, Kaala Pathar Beach offers an idyllic escape for newlyweds seeking tranquility and natural beauty.
Tucked away on Havelock Island, this hidden gem boasts soft golden sands juxtaposed against lush greenery and towering coconut trees.
The beach derives its name from the striking black rocks scattered along the shoreline, adding a unique touch to its picturesque setting.
Couples can relish romantic strolls along the shore, hand in hand, as the gentle waves caress their feet.
The beach’s serene ambiance creates a perfect backdrop for intimate moments and soulful conversations, making it an ideal spot to create cherished memories during your honeymoon.
- Location: Kaala Pathar Beach is located on Havelock Island, near Radhanagar Beach, and can be reached by road.
- Famous For: This beach derives its name from the black rocks strewn along its shore. Kaala Pathar Beach is renowned for its secluded and serene atmosphere, offering couples a tranquil escape amidst nature’s enchanting beauty.
12. Elephant Beach
For an unforgettable adventure on your honeymoon in Andaman, head to Elephant Beach on Havelock Island.
Known for its pristine beauty and vibrant marine life, this beach is a haven for water sports enthusiasts and nature lovers alike.
Couples can embark on thrilling snorkeling journeys, hand in hand, to explore the vibrant coral reefs and encounter schools of colorful fish beneath the crystal-clear waters.
The beach also offers opportunities for activities like kayaking and jet skiing, promising exhilarating experiences that will strengthen the bond between you and your partner.
Amidst the lush foliage and azure sea, Elephant Beach presents a magical setting for you and your loved one to embark on an unforgettable aquatic escapade during your romantic getaway.
- Location: Elephant Beach is situated on Havelock Island and can be reached by a short boat ride from Havelock’s main jetty.
- Famous For: Elephant Beach is a haven for snorkeling enthusiasts, boasting vibrant coral reefs and diverse marine life. It is a popular spot for couples seeking underwater adventures and enjoying each other’s company in the midst of stunning aquatic wonders.
13. Barren Island
Venture beyond the ordinary on your honeymoon in Andaman by visiting the extraordinary Barren Island.
Located around 135 kilometers from Port Blair, this volcanic island stands as the only active volcano in South Asia. Though access to the island’s crater is restricted, witnessing its smoking summit from afar is a sight to behold.
The island’s mystique and raw beauty make it an intriguing destination for adventurous couples seeking unique experiences.
Sailing around the island on a cruise or exploring its shores together will leave you in awe of nature’s wonders, deepening the connection between you and your partner as you bask in the enigmatic allure of Barren Island.
- Location: Barren Island is located around 138 kilometers northeast of Port Blair and can be reached by boat or helicopter.
- Famous For: Barren Island is the only active volcano in South Asia, making it a unique and intriguing destination for adventurous souls. While visitors cannot access the island’s crater, witnessing the smoking summit from a distance is an awe-inspiring experience.
14. Baratang Island
Immerse yourselves in the natural wonders of the Andaman Islands by journeying to Baratang Island, an extraordinary addition to your honeymoon in the Andaman itinerary.
This hidden paradise offers a blend of breathtaking sights and captivating experiences. Traverse through dense mangrove creeks and witness the fascinating limestone formations at the Limestone Caves.
Don’t miss the renowned Mud Volcano, a fascinating geological wonder that will intrigue both of you.
The highlight of the trip is witnessing the stunning phenomenon of the Jarawa Tribal Reserve, where you may spot the indigenous Jarawa tribe in their natural habitat, offering a glimpse into their fascinating culture and way of life.
- Location: Baratang Island lies about 100 kilometers north of Port Blair and can be accessed by a road journey followed by a boat ride.
- Famous For: Baratang Island is famous for its fascinating limestone caves, formed over centuries, and its awe-inspiring Mud Volcano, which draws nature enthusiasts and curious travelers alike.
15. Limestone Caves
Located on Baratang Island, these awe-inspiring caves are a testament to the marvels of nature.
A boat ride through lush mangrove forests and narrow waterways will lead you to the entrance of these ancient caves.
Step inside, and you’ll be greeted by a surreal world of stalactites and stalagmites, formed over centuries through natural processes.
As you explore the intriguing chambers hand in hand, the interplay of light and shadows will create an enchanting atmosphere, perfect for igniting the spark of romance.
The Limestone Caves are a hidden treasure in the Andaman Islands, where you and your partner can lose yourselves in wonder and make everlasting memories during your honeymoon.
- Location: The Limestone Caves are situated on Baratang Island, accessible by boat from Baratang Jetty.
- Famous For: The Limestone Caves are a natural wonder, showcasing stunning stalactites and stalagmites formations.
Conclusion – Honeymoon Destinations in Andaman
In conclusion, Andaman’s honeymoon destinations offer a mesmerizing blend of pristine beaches, lush hideaways, and tropical charm, creating cherished memories in a serene ambiance.
From thrilling underwater escapades to romantic sunsets on secluded shores, this enchanting paradise curates magical experiences for lovebirds.
Embrace the untamed allure of Little Andaman or the unique geological wonders of Barren Island’s volcanic beauty.
Whether you seek adventure or tranquility, the Andaman archipelago beckons with its raw beauty and vibrant marine life, promising an unforgettable journey filled with love and unparalleled romance.
FAQs – Honeymoon Destinations in Andaman
What makes Andaman a perfect honeymoon destination?
Andaman is a tropical paradise with pristine beaches and lush greenery, offering a serene ambiance for a dreamy honeymoon. The captivating Radhanagar Beach and Elephant Beach with their turquoise waters and white sands are a must-visit. Not to forget the adventurous underwater escapades and the unique Barren Island’s volcanic allure, making it a truly extraordinary experience for couples seeking a blend of tranquility and adventure.
How do I reach Andaman’s Honeymoon Destinations?
Getting to Andaman is easy-peasy! You can fly to Port Blair, the capital city, and then hop on a short boat ride to explore the magical Havelock Island and Neil Island. For more offbeat choices like Little Andaman or Great Nicobar Island, ferries are available from Port Blair. And hey, don’t miss the boat ride through dense mangrove creeks to reach the captivating Limestone Caves on Baratang Island!
What are the top romantic spots in Andaman?
Oh, lovebirds, you’ll be spoilt for choice! Begin with romantic walks on Radhanagar Beach or Elephant Beach, capturing sunsets that will steal your heart. For a more secluded escape, Neil Island with its Laxmanpur Beach offers intimate moments. And don’t forget the dreamy Kaala Pathar Beach on Havelock Island, where the black rocks add a touch of magic to your special moments.
Are there any thrilling activities for adventurous couples?
Absolutely! Andaman has something for every adventure seeker. Snorkeling at North Bay Island or Elephant Beach will let you explore the vibrant coral reefs hand in hand. How about some exciting surfing on Little Andaman’s challenging surf breaks? Or go trekking on Diglipur’s Saddle Peak, surrounded by lush rainforests. The opportunities for excitement and bonding are endless!
What about accommodations for honeymooners?
Fear not, lovebirds! Andaman offers a range of cozy and luxurious accommodations. From beachfront resorts with breathtaking ocean views to charming cottages amid nature’s beauty, you’ll find the perfect stay. Havelock Island and Neil Island are popular for romantic beach resorts, while Port Blair offers a mix of historical and modern options.
Next Available Trip
- 10 Must-Do Activities: Best Things to Do in Andaman
- Best Time To Visit Andaman: A Month-By-Month Weather Breakdown (2023)
- Discover Andaman’s Top 10 Beaches: Best Beaches in Andaman Revealed
- 8 Exhilarating Adventures – Best Things to Do in Port Blair
- 15 Eateries in Andaman: Best Restaurants in Andaman
- 14 Best Water Sports in Andaman: Dive into Adventure
- 15 Romantic Getaways: Best Honeymoon Destinations in Andaman
- 8 Best Places In Andaman For Scuba Diving That You Can’t Miss In 2023
- 6 Best Places In Andaman For Snorkeling You Can’t Miss In 2023
- 10 Best Street Food In Andaman That You Must Try
- 13 Irresistible Veggie Havens : Best Vegetarian Restaurants in Andaman
- Shocking! 10 Things to Avoid in Andaman