Are you looking to know more about things to do in Hurghada? If so, you have come to the right place.
In this blog post, we’ll take you on a thrilling journey through the captivating history, fascinating facts, and the top 10 must-visit attractions in Hurghada.
Why should you listen to us? Simple! We’ve been there, done that, and have the travel bug to prove it.
With our extensive experience of leading group trips and our last visit to this incredible destination, we’ve unearthed the adventures and things to do in Hurghada truly unforgettable.
Now, without further adieu, let’s get started with the list of the best things to do in Hurghada.
5 Interesting Facts about Hurghada
- Hurghada boasts a stunning coastline stretching over 40 kilometers, offering endless opportunities for beach hopping and relaxation.
- The vibrant marine life of Hurghada’s Red Sea is a diver’s paradise, with colorful coral reefs and exotic fish species to explore.
- Hurghada’s strategic location along ancient trade routes has left behind fascinating remnants of its rich history and cultural heritage.
- The city’s name, Hurghada, is derived from the Arabic word “Ghardaga,” meaning “blazing heat,” reflecting its sunny and warm climate.
- Hurghada is known for its impressive array of water sports, including windsurfing, kitesurfing, and parasailing, attracting thrill-seekers from around the world.
Best Things to Do in Hurghada
1. Go Diving in the Caves of the Careless Reef
Embark on an underwater adventure in Hurghada and explore the mesmerizing caves of the Careless Reef. Dive into the crystal-clear waters, where an enchanting world of vibrant coral formations and marine life awaits. Swim through intricate cave systems, admiring the play of light and shadow that illuminates the underwater landscape.
Discover hidden treasures, encounter exotic fish species, and witness the beauty of this natural wonder. The Careless Reef’s caves offer a unique and thrilling diving experience for both beginners and experienced divers alike, leaving you with unforgettable memories of the underwater realm.
- Location: Hurghada, Egypt
- Famous For: Exploring mesmerizing caves and vibrant coral formations underwater, suitable for both beginner and experienced divers.
2. Visit the Abdel-Moneim Riad Mosque
Immerse yourself in the architectural splendor and spiritual tranquility of the Abdel-Moneim Riad Mosque in Hurghada. This stunning mosque, with its elegant domes and minarets, showcases exquisite Islamic design and craftsmanship. Step inside to witness the serenity of the prayer hall adorned with intricate geometric patterns and calligraphy.
The mosque’s peaceful ambiance invites visitors to connect with their spiritual side and appreciate the rich cultural heritage of Egypt. Whether you are seeking solace or simply marveling at the architectural beauty, a visit to the Abdel-Moneim Riad Mosque is a truly captivating experience.
- Location: Hurghada, Egypt
- Famous For: Exquisite Islamic design and craftsmanship, providing a serene and spiritual experience for visitors.
3. Watch the Sunset at the Hurghada Marina Boulevard
Indulge in a magical sunset experience at the Hurghada Marina Boulevard. As the sun begins its descent, the vibrant colors paint the sky, creating a breathtaking spectacle. Stroll along the marina promenade, lined with charming cafes, restaurants, and shops, as you bask in the warm glow of the setting sun.
Relax in a waterfront cafe, savoring delicious cuisine while enjoying the panoramic views of the marina and the Red Sea. The Hurghada Marina Boulevard offers a perfect blend of scenic beauty, lively ambiance, and a serene atmosphere, making it an ideal spot to unwind and capture unforgettable moments.
- Location: Hurghada, Egypt
- Famous For: Offering a picturesque setting to witness breathtaking sunsets, surrounded by charming cafes, restaurants, and shops along the marina promenade.
4. Marvel at Sand Sculptures at See Sand City
Step into a world of artistry and creativity at See Sand City in Hurghada. This unique open-air museum showcases incredible sand sculptures crafted by talented artists from around the world. Admire the intricate details and impressive scale of these masterpieces as you wander through the sandy galleries.
From towering sculptures depicting famous landmarks to whimsical figures and mythical creatures, the sand sculptures at See Sand City will leave you in awe of the artists’ skill and imagination. Whether you’re an art enthusiast or simply seeking a one-of-a-kind experience, this captivating attraction promises a visual feast for the senses.
- Location: Hurghada, Egypt
- Famous For: Showcasing incredible sand sculptures crafted by talented artists from around the world, ranging from famous landmarks to whimsical figures and mythical creatures.
5. Learn to Windsurf or Kitesurf
Embrace the thrill of windsurfing or kitesurfing in the waters of Hurghada. With its ideal wind conditions and vast stretches of coastline, this destination is a haven for water sports enthusiasts. Learn the basics from expert instructors and feel the adrenaline rush as you glide across the waves, harnessing the power of the wind.
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced rider, Hurghada offers a range of spots suitable for all skill levels. Feel the freedom and excitement of these exhilarating water sports, immersing yourself in the beauty of the Red Sea while mastering the art of windsurfing or kitesurfing.
- Location: Hurghada, Egypt
- Famous For: Ideal wind conditions and vast coastlines, providing a thrilling water sports experience suitable for beginners and experienced enthusiasts.
6. Wave Hello to Sharks at Hurghada Grand Aquarium
Embark on an extraordinary underwater journey at the Hurghada Grand Aquarium, where you can come face to face with fascinating marine life, including sharks. Walk through the underwater tunnel, surrounded by vibrant coral reefs and schools of exotic fish, as graceful sharks swim overhead.
Marvel at the diversity of the Red Sea’s ecosystem and gain a deeper understanding of its delicate balance. The Hurghada Grand Aquarium offers a unique opportunity to observe these magnificent creatures up close, providing an educational and awe-inspiring experience for visitors of all ages.
- Location: Hurghada, Egypt
- Famous For: Allowing visitors to observe fascinating marine life, including sharks, up close in an underwater tunnel surrounded by vibrant coral reefs and exotic fish.
7. Explore the Monasteries of St Anthony and St Paul
Embark on a spiritual pilgrimage to the monasteries of St. Anthony and St. Paul, located in the Eastern Desert near Hurghada. These ancient monastic complexes are nestled amidst breathtaking desert landscapes and have been home to Coptic monks for centuries.
Explore the peaceful courtyards, chapels adorned with stunning religious art, and the serene solitude of these sacred sites. Experience a sense of tranquility and delve into the rich history of Christian spirituality in Egypt. The monasteries of St. Anthony and St. Paul offer a unique opportunity for reflection, cultural discovery, and a glimpse into the spiritual heritage of the region.
- Location: Eastern Desert near Hurghada, Egypt
- Famous For: Ancient monastic complexes nestled in breathtaking desert landscapes, offering a spiritual pilgrimage and a glimpse into the rich history of Christian spirituality.
8. Eat Bedouin Food in the Desert
Embark on a culinary adventure and savor the flavors of traditional Bedouin cuisine amidst the captivating desert landscapes of Hurghada. Join a desert safari or camp experience where you can indulge in a delicious feast prepared by Bedouin locals.
Enjoy aromatic grilled meats, fragrant rice dishes, and hearty stews cooked in traditional methods. Immerse yourself in Bedouin hospitality, as you gather around a campfire under a starry sky, relishing the authentic tastes and warm company. This culinary journey offers a unique opportunity to connect with Bedouin culture, traditions, and the vibrant flavors of the desert.
- Location: Desert surroundings of Hurghada, Egypt
- Famous For: A culinary adventure experiencing traditional Bedouin cuisine, enjoying grilled meats, fragrant rice dishes, and hearty stews cooked in traditional methods under the starry sky.
9. Go Diving at Giftun Island National Park
Embark on a diving expedition to Giftun Island National Park, a pristine marine sanctuary located near Hurghada. Dive into the crystal-clear waters and discover a vibrant underwater world teeming with colorful coral reefs and a multitude of marine species.
Encounter graceful rays, playful dolphins, and an abundance of tropical fish as you explore the park’s diverse dive sites. Whether you’re a novice diver or an experienced underwater explorer, Giftun Island National Park offers an unforgettable diving experience in a stunning natural setting, immersing you in the beauty and serenity of the Red Sea.
- Location: Near Hurghada, Egypt
- Famous For: Pristine marine sanctuary with crystal-clear waters, vibrant coral reefs, and diverse marine species, providing an unforgettable diving experience for all skill levels.
10. Visit Sindbad Submarines
Embark on a unique underwater adventure without getting wet by visiting Sindbad Submarines in Hurghada. Board a state-of-the-art submarine and descend to depths of up to 22 meters, exploring the mesmerizing underwater world of the Red Sea.
Witness breathtaking coral reefs, exotic fish species, and other marine wonders through large panoramic windows. The Sindbad Submarines experience offers a fascinating opportunity for non-divers and families to marvel at the wonders of the deep sea. It’s a memorable journey that combines comfort, education, and a close encounter with the vibrant marine ecosystem of the Red Sea.
- Location: Hurghada, Egypt
- Famous For: Allowing visitors to explore the underwater world of the Red Sea without getting wet, with state-of-the-art submarines providing panoramic views of coral reefs and marine life.
Best Time to Visit Hurghada
The ideal time to visit Hurghada depends on your preferences and desired activities. The city enjoys a warm climate year-round, with mild winters and hot summers.
For those seeking to indulge in water activities like diving or snorkeling, the summer months offer pleasant water temperatures and excellent visibility. Alternatively, spring and autumn present milder temperatures, making them perfect for exploring historical sites, venturing into the desert, or simply lounging on the beaches without the crowds.
Places to Stay in Hurghada
- Hurghada Marriott Beach Resort: This luxurious beachfront resort offers stunning views of the Red Sea, spacious rooms, multiple swimming pools, a private beach, and a range of dining options.
- Steigenberger Aqua Magic: This family-friendly resort features a water park, a lazy river, and a variety of activities for children. It offers comfortable rooms, multiple restaurants, and direct access to the beach.
- Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa: This adults-only resort provides a serene and upscale atmosphere. With its elegant rooms, gourmet dining options, a private beach, and a luxurious spa, it offers a perfect retreat for couples or those seeking relaxation and tranquility.
Places to Eat in Hurghada
- Makai Tukai: A popular seafood restaurant in Hurghada, Makai Tukai offers a wide range of fresh seafood dishes, including grilled fish, shrimp, and calamari, served in a relaxed beachfront setting.
- Starfish Restaurant: Located on the shores of the Red Sea, Starfish Restaurant is known for its delicious Egyptian and international cuisine. The restaurant offers stunning views of the sea and specializes in grilled meats and seafood.
- El Mina Restaurant: Situated in the heart of Hurghada, El Mina is a renowned restaurant that serves authentic Egyptian dishes. From flavorful kebabs to traditional Egyptian mezzes, El Mina offers a delightful dining experience with a cozy and inviting ambiance.
How to Visit Hurghada
1. By Road
If you prefer a scenic journey, traveling to Hurghada by road allows you to witness the stunning landscapes of Egypt. The city is well-connected by highways, and private taxis, buses, or car rentals are readily available for a comfortable journey.
2. By Train
Experience the charm of train travel by boarding a train to Hurghada. The journey offers picturesque views as you traverse through the Egyptian countryside. Trains operate from major cities like Cairo and Luxor, providing a convenient and relaxing way to reach Hurghada.
3. By Air
The fastest and most convenient way to reach Hurghada is by air. Hurghada International Airport serves as a major hub, with domestic and international flights connecting the city to various destinations worldwide. Several airlines offer direct flights to Hurghada, ensuring a smooth and efficient travel experience.
Travel Tips & Suggestions
- Plan your visit to Cairo during the cooler months of autumn (October to November) or spring (March to April) to avoid extreme heat.
- Dress modestly and respectfully, especially when visiting religious sites. Women should cover their shoulders and knees, and it is advisable to carry a scarf to use as a head covering if needed.
- Stay hydrated and carry a water bottle with you at all times, as the weather can be hot and dry.
- Be cautious of your belongings and be aware of your surroundings, as Cairo can be crowded, especially in popular tourist areas.
- Use reputable transportation options such as licensed taxis or ride-sharing services to navigate the city, and negotiate the fare before getting in the taxi.
Conclusion – Things to Do in Cairo
As you bid farewell to vibrant Hurghada, you’ll forever cherish memories of its captivating marine diversity, ancient ruins, and mesmerizing sand sculptures. This coastal gem surprises with its rich historical tapestry and awe-inspiring mosques. Explore the coastline, dive into the wonders of the Red Sea, and savor authentic Bedouin cuisine amidst breathtaking desert landscapes.
Hurghada amazes divers, history enthusiasts, and beach lovers alike, offering an unforgettable experience. So, let the enchantment of Hurghada guide you to new adventures, where surprises and natural beauty converge for a truly wondrous journey.
FAQs – Things to Do in Cairo
What are some surprising things to do in Hurghada?
Hurghada offers an array of surprises! Dive into the mystical caves of the Careless Reef, where an underwater wonderland awaits. Visit the Abdel-Moneim Riad Mosque, a serene haven showcasing stunning Islamic architecture. Don’t miss the chance to marvel at the intricate sand sculptures at See Sand City, a true artistic marvel. These are just a taste of the many surprising adventures Hurghada has to offer!
What is the history of Hurghada?
Hurghada’s history is fascinating! With roots dating back thousands of years, the city has witnessed the rise and fall of ancient civilizations. Explore ancient ruins that tell tales of its humble beginnings as a fishing settlement and its strategic importance during the Ottoman Empire. The traditional architecture and intriguing stories passed down through generations give Hurghada a rich historical tapestry.
What are the best things to do in Hurghada?
Hurghada offers a multitude of incredible experiences! Dive into the mystical caves of the Careless Reef, where a world of breathtaking beauty and marine diversity awaits. Immerse yourself in the tranquility of the Abdel-Moneim Riad Mosque, a masterpiece of Islamic architecture. Watch the stunning sunset at the Hurghada Marina Boulevard, casting vibrant hues on the serene waters. These are just a few of the top 10 must-visit attractions in Hurghada.
When is the best time to visit Hurghada?
The ideal time to visit Hurghada depends on your preferences. If you’re into water activities like diving and snorkeling, the summer months offer pleasant water temperatures and excellent visibility. Spring and autumn present milder temperatures, perfect for exploring historical sites and enjoying the beaches without the crowds. Hurghada’s warm climate year-round ensures there’s always something exciting to do!
What are some popular water sports activities available in Hurghada?
In Hurghada, water sports enthusiasts are in for a treat! The vibrant coastal city offers a plethora of thrilling activities to satisfy your adventurous spirit such as: Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, Jet Skiing, Parasailing, Windsurfing, Kitesurfing, Banana Boat Rides and many more.
Are there any cultural festivals or events held in Hurghada?
Hurghada is not just a paradise for beach lovers and water sports enthusiasts; it also offers a vibrant cultural scene with various festivals and events throughout the year. Here are some cultural festivals and events held in Hurghada:
1. Hurghada International Festival
2. Hurghada International Film Festival
3. Ramadan in Hurghada
4. Bedouin Nights
5. Coptic Christmas
6. Red Sea Jazz Festival
Are there any restrictions or guidelines for visiting religious sites in Hurghada?
Yes, when visiting religious sites in Hurghada, it’s important to be aware of certain restrictions and guidelines to show respect for the local customs and religious practices. Here are some key points to keep in mind:
1. Modest Dress Code
2. Respectful Behavior
3. Permission and Photography
4. Removing Shoes
5. Religious Observances
6. Language and Etiquette
Next Available Trip
sharm el sheikh, Go up a Baloon in Luxor and Stay in martian colony
in wadi rum. Don’t miss this once-in-a-lifetime adventure.
- Egypt Visa For Indians: Your Perfect Guide (2023)
- Best Time To Visit Egypt Revealed: Discover The Ultimate Guide
- 20 Best Places To Visit In Egypt: Experience The Magic (2023)
- Best Day Trips To Do From Cairo: 23 Incredible Escapes For Every Traveler (2023)
- Top 12 Festivals And Events In Egypt For An Unforgettable Experience
- 8 Local Customs And Traditions In Egypt: A Great Living Heritage
- Souvenirs to buy from Egypt
- 19 Best Egypt Local Food You Must Try On Your Next Egypt Trip
- The Ultimate Bucket List: 13 Must-See Egyptian Pyramids In Your Lifetime
- Great Sphinx Of Giza: A Journey Through Ancient Marvels (2023)
- Exploring The Amazing Red Sea: Everything You Need To Know Before You Go (2023)
- Karnak Temple, Luxor: History, Facts, Best Time To Visit, How To Reach (2023)
- The Ultimate Guide To Amazing Valley Of The Kings (2023)
- Jerash Unleashed: 9 Incredible Experiences You Can’t Miss (2023)
- A Comprehensive Guide To Abu Simbel: Explore Egypt’s Hidden Gem (2023)
- Discover The Breathtaking Views Of Mount Nebo: A Heavenly Oasis (2023)
- A Complete Guide To Temple Of Hatshepsut: Unveiling Ancient Power (2023)
- A Complete Travel Guide To Colossi Of Memnon: History, Facts, Tourist Attractions, How To Reach (2023)
- A Visitor’s Guide To Ajloun Castle: A Hidden Gem Revealed (2023)
- A Complete Guide To Edfu Temple: History, Facts, How To Reach, Best Time To Visit (2023)
- Things To Do In Aswan: Attractions Revealed
- 6 Best Things To Do In Madaba: Epic Adventures Awaiting You
- 10 Best Things To Do In Dahab: Attractions Revealed
- Uncover Awesome Wonders: 10 Best Things To Do In Cairo (2023)
- 10 Surprising Things To Do In Hurghada: Prepare To Be Wowed (2023)
- 8 Best Things To Do In Aqaba: Experience Life-Changing Adventure (2023)
- Things to do in Luxor
- 9 Nile River Cruise Ships: Experience The Ultimate Adventure (2023)
- Top 12 Unique Egyptian experiences (With Photos)